Complete lockdown announced in Nagpur from March 15 to March 21

Complete lockdown announced in Nagpur from March 15 to March 21
A complete lockdown will be imposed in Nagpur district from March 15 to March 21 in view of the rising number of coronavirus cases in the city, the city’s Guardian Minister Nitin Raut announced on Thursday. Essential services and the vaccination drive in the district will continue, he said. “A meeting of senior officials was held at the Divisional Commissioner's Office today against the backdrop of the increasing number of COVID-19 cases in Nagpur district. Have directed the authorities to take strict measures to overcome the situation,” Nitin Raut tweeted. A strict curfew will be imposed in Nagpur, the minister announced. Industries and essential services like medical operations will be allowed to function and government offices will be allowed to operate at 25 percent capacity. “March-ending work will be allowed to continue at government and private offices can work. Ophthalmologists, eye hospitals and spectacle shops will be allowed to remain open. Essential services and grocery stores, meat and fish shops will also be allowed to remain open as well. Vaccination drive will also continue in the city, the minister added, and said that transport facilities for citizens coming for vaccination will be arranged for. Action will be taken against those who move out of their homes without a purpose, he said. Media employees have been allowed to move out but they will be required to carry their ID cards while moving out. The minister also asked media personnel to get themselves tested and then only move out. The situation will be reviewed after one week, the minister said. The lockdown has been announced in view of the rising COVID-19 cases in the city. On Wednesday, Nagpur recorded 1710 new COVID-19 cases. The district has reported 2,43,726 infections and 4,877 fatalities so far. Last month, following a spike in COVID-19 cases in Nagpur, schools, colleges and coaching centres in the city were closed from February 22 to March 7. Main markets were also shut on the weekends. Hotels and restaurants were allowed to continue functioning, but at 50% capacity. Marriage halls were also closed from February 25 to March 7. Maharashtra has accounted for 60% of the new COVID-19 cases in the country in the past 25 hours. On Wednesday, the state recorded 13,659 new coronavirus cases, the highest one-day spike this year, which took the state's caseload to 22,52,057, a health official. With 54 fatalities, the death toll stood at 52,610, he said. With PTI inputs

Share Tweet Send
0 Comments
Loading...